mysql error: 'Client does not support authentication protocol requested by...'

noister

hi to everyone,

it's my first post, hope i get some good advices here regarding my problem which i encountered an hour ago.

my client bought a hosting plan for his website with WINDOWS operating system.  just finished setup a mysql database today, i successfully imported initial 4 tables with records from my local to his hosting which is at godaddy.  after i imported, i got the following error (ERROR: 'Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client'). i googled this type of error, one of the results was here in this website, i read the discussions but wasn't solve my problem...

hope somebody can help me enlighten this issue of mine. any helps greatly appreciated.

thanks... noister

This is a rather common problem and the mysql manual even has a whole section devoted to the cause and the solutions that can be used to solve it - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

so u mean they will be the one will do this? or can i do this through where? i have already send a request at godaddy but haven't a reply yet till this time.  i'm stuck with this. so, this means there server has something wrong with some files or etc. which based on the link u gave.

noister

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.