How do you run PHP code while echoing out some output?

kratsg

Don't ask me where I saw this, it was like a few months ago... Never really wanted to try it... til now xD

The idea is like this:

A bunch of php code which pulls data off the server, as it loops through the data, it echos out what's already done so that you see it, but still loads the next one, and so on...

This is not like normal php where you run through the whole script then echo everything... It runs through the loop once, echos the result, runs through the loop, echos the next set of results. It does not use AJAX (although you can use AJAX to produce similar effects.)

I know that it used a special php function that would allow you to echo out data while the php is still running, but I can't find it? o_o

Maybe some expert who loves messing around with this feature can help me here :-D

~Force

I've seen a few script hacks that use output buffering to do this, but haven't seen one in awhile. I believe, though, that that is what you're looking for.

PhREEEk

It probably is... It's almost like one of those PHP installation files you see... but without using AJAX.

You know, the ones where it's like "Creating new table so-so-so...... DONE" and it keeps updating on the list.

That's the problem, haven't seen it in a while... I could try do some googling later on and see if I come up with anything.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.