Removing items from database by a certain number?

djfox

I have the following code:

<?php
if ($lev > 0){
echo "<p>";

$res = mysql_query("SELECT id, name, excit, excam, exc FROM clothing WHERE id=$it");
$item = mysql_fetch_row($res);
mysql_free_result($res);

$res2 = mysql_query("SELECT id, name FROM collection WHERE id=$item[2]");
$item2 = mysql_fetch_row($res2);
mysql_free_result($res2);

$res3 = mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM coll_inven WHERE item=$item[2] AND user='$loggeduser'");
$count = mysql_fetch_row($res3);
mysql_free_result($res3);

if ($item[4] == 1) {
if ($count[0] >= $item[3]) {

}
elseif ($count[0] < $item[3]){
$more = $item[3] - $count[0];
echo "<p>You don`t have enough <b>$item2[1]</b>. You need <b>$more</b> more to make the exchange.";	
}
}
elseif ($item[4] ==0){
echo "This is not an exchange item!";
}

}
?>

What this page should do is check to see if someone has enough of a certain item in their inventory to make an exchange. If they don`t have enough, the exchange is not made, but if they do have enough, the exchange needs to take place. The code would need to delete the number of items needed ($item[3]) from coll_inven.

Example:

Item the person wants to exchange for is Disco Ball ($item[1])

They need 5 ($item[3]) glass shards ($item[2]/$item2[1])

The person has 5 ($count[0]) in their inventory

So

5 ($item[3]) glass shards ($item[2]) from coll_inven that belong to the logged in person ($loggeduser) need to be deleted from the database.

How will I tell the code to delete only 5 ($item[3]) entries in coll_inven where item=$item[2] and user=$loggeduser ? Will I be using LIMIT=$item[3] ?

I tried this:

mysql_query("DELETE FROM coll_inven2 WHERE item=$item[2] AND user='$loggeduser' LIMIT $item[3] ;"); or die(mysql_error());

But I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LOGICAL_OR in /home/secrett1/public_html/exchange3.php on line 83

(Line 83 is the line above.)

I`m using coll_inven2 (with some play entries) to run tests for the code so that I don`t cause anything disastrous to happen to the real info.

mysql_query("DELETE FROM coll_inven2 WHERE item=$item[2] AND user='$loggeduser' LIMIT $item[3]") or die(mysql_error());

Fix'd.

You had a ; in a bad place.

Also, don't put ;'s inside mysql_query() - unnecessary

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.