[SOLVED] Is there a certain PHP 4, MySQL, and Apache version to use on Windows Vista?

Hi All,

I just bought a new laptop and it has Windows Vista Home Premium.  I'm new to installing PHP, MySQL, and Apache, so I was wondering; can PHP, MySQL, and Apache work on Vista?  I was able to load Apache 2.2.3 on there and it seems to work.  It's when I try to install PHP 4.4.3  I try to start the Apache server and it comes up with an error "can't load module "C:/php/sapi/php4apache.dll".  I've also tried using php4appache2.dll but no success.  So I'm not sure if I need to be using a particular version of these programs.  Do I need to use a particular version?

Firstly, the end of life of php4 has already gone past. You should be using the latest version of php5.

Secondly, the php dll for Apache 2.2.x contains a 2_2 in the file name.

php4apache.dll/php5apache.dll are for Apache 1.x

php4apache2.dll/php5apache2.dll are for Apache 2.0.x

php4apache2_2.dll/php5apache2_2.dll are for Apache 2.2.x

Last time I checked PHP4 doesn't come with an Apache2.2.x module. Only PHP5 comes with  Apache2.2.x module. In order for PHP4 to work with Apache2.2.x you'll need to download the unoffical module from apachelounge.com

Make sure you are running the latest versions of AMP in Vista. If you find you get any problems running Apache, PHP or MySQL in vista then set the Apache, PHP or MySQL executables to Windows XP SP2 compatibly mode. I had to do this for the Apache Monitor executable in order for it function properly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.