Have a design and need help with the php and mysql theory.

karatekid36

php_mysql_idea.jpg

In the above Image, I drew out an idea I had for a php page I want to build.  I have the projects at the top and then the projects listed again at the bottom.  Each of the users will have projects assigned to them anywhere from 0 to 20 or so.  I know how to list the projects at the top, but my issue is how to get them from the project table and then have the four more recent entries in my project assets table like I have at the bottom.    I just designed this figuring that I could figure it out later, but I have hit a road block.  There are two tables.  The Projects table and the Project Assets table.    I am just unsure how to query the table so that I can display them like I have in the bottom of the image.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

in the project table...

projid - index

user1

user2

user3

dateentered

creator

current

The users are the people who are working on the project.  It is currently three users, but I want to have it be 20 users.  The creator is the user who started the project.  current is to show if the project is still being worked on.  If it is.  It can either be a 0 type 1 deal or a Yes No. 

projassetid - index

projid

inresponseto

title

type

userid

assign

dateentered

messagetext

This table is a little bit of a mess.  The projid is the project it is in reference to.  the inresponseto is if it is a comment on a message, this is filled with the proper number.  Title is the title.  type is either File, Deadline, Comment, or Message.  Assign is who the item is assigned to.  This generally  only applies to deadlines.  Userid is who made this project asset. dateentered is dateentered.  Messagetext is a description of area. 

Please let me know if this helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.