[SOLVED] Javascript/PHP Blank Screens

StormTheGates

Hey everyone, I am working on a website for a client that includes a bookmarking system. They gave me their entire site done in HTML / JS and want me to write it so everytime the user goes to a new page it bookmarks their page. Now Ive done systems like this before, infact I have one already designed for the White House and several large medical groups for their online tutorials, but in each of those I simply added this to the layout scheme:

var place = location.href;
document.write('<IFRAME ID=IFrame1 FRAMEBORDER=0 SCROLLING=NO SRC="http://tribal.golearnportal.org/bookmark.php?newplace=' + place + '"');

Which passes on the page to the bookmark script which updates the database.

Thing is it was always at the end of the code. With the site they gave me there is no central layout system, its a bunch of HTML pages. What I tried to do was include this code in one of the javascript files that is always included in the header of each page, to save me from having to edit each page. However this causes a blank screen to be displayed, or not completely blank but it dosnt include anything below the included javascript file.

Any ideas?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.