[SOLVED] from help in php

nezbo

Hi all

I have a from that i want to repeat over an over again. i have setup a page where it sets up a table, with a link for the id number what you click on to activate it, and a drop for the diffrent options.

the way i have got it to work is to refresh the fpage and keep the drop down. but then it all the items become a same.

Hope this makes sense.

here is the code

<?php
	$details = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE validateUser = 0 ORDER BY surname") or mysql_error();
	while ($getUserDetails = mysql_fetch_array($details))
	{

$userGroupe = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM usergroups " . NEW_WHERE . "") or die(mysql_error());
		$area = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM area WHERE valid = 0 and areaID = '$getUserDetails[area]'") or mysql_error();
		while ($getArea = mysql_fetch_array($area))
		{
			$theArea = $getArea['areaName'];
		}
		echo "<tr class=bTable>";
		echo "<td><span class=small><a href=" . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ."?g=" . $_POST['userGroups'] . "&selectedNewUser=" . $getUserDetails['userID'] . "&o=1>Yes</a></span></td><td><span class=small><a href=" . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ."?selectedNewUser=" . $getUserDetails['userID'] . "&o=2>No</a></span></td><td><span class=\"small\"> $getUserDetails[userName]</span></td><td><span class=\"small\">$getUserDetails[forename] $getUserDetails[surname]</span></td><td><span class=\"small\">$theArea</span></td><td><span class=\"small\">$getUserDetails[resion]</span></td>";
		echo "<td><select name='userGroups' onchange=form1.submit()><option value=''>" . F_SELECT_ONE . "</option>";
		while($noticia = mysql_fetch_array($userGroupe)) {
			echo "<form action=" . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . " name=\"form1\"  method=\"post\">";
			if ($_POST['userGroups'] == $noticia['groupID'])
			{	

echo "<option selected=\"selected\" value='$noticia[groupID]'>$noticia[groupName]</option>";

}
			else
			{
				echo "<option value='$noticia[groupID]'>$noticia[groupName]</option>";
			}
			echo "</form>";
		}
		echo "</td>";
		echo "</tr>";

}
?>	

is there any other way of doing this?

Neil

i guess the main thing i want to do is update a link

i have the link :

$_SERVER['php_self'] . "g= *****

the ***** is the point i want to get a dropdown to input the number of the group (the group is in the drop down)

i have no idea how to use Ajax, unless any one has any idea how to do this?

and i am also not to sure how to do this with the for refresh either. i have updated my code so it refreshes, but it doesnt work.

<?php
	$form = array();
	$details = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users WHERE validateUser = 0 ORDER BY surname") or mysql_error();
	echo "<form action=" . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . " name=\"form1\"  method=\"post\">";
	{

$userGroupe = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM usergroups " . NEW_WHERE . "") or die(mysql_error());
		$area = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM area WHERE valid = 0 and areaID = '$getUserDetails[area]'") or mysql_error();
		{
		}
		echo "<td><span class=small><a href=" . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ."?g=" . $_POST['userGroups'] . "&selectedNewUser=" . $getUserDetails['userID'] . "&o=1>Yes</a></span></td><td><span class=small><a href=" . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ."?selectedNewUser=" . $getUserDetails['userID'] . "&o=2>No</a></span></td><td><span class=\"small\"> $getUserDetails[userName]</span></td><td><span class=\"small\">$getUserDetails[forename] $getUserDetails[surname]</span></td><td><span class=\"small\">$theArea</span></td><td><span class=\"small\">$getUserDetails[resion]</span></td>";
		echo "<td><select name='userGroups' onchange=form1.submit()><option value=''>" . F_SELECT_ONE . "</option>";

{	

echo "<option selected=\"selected\" value='$noticia[groupID]'>$noticia[groupName]</option>";

}
			else
			{
			}

}
		echo "</td>";
		echo "</tr>";

}
	echo "</form>";
?>

here you go hope its helpfull.. change quite a lot of things

<?php
	$form = array();
	{

{
		}
		echo "<form action=" . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . " method=\"post\">";
		echo "<td><select name='userGroups' onchange=\"this.form.submit()\"><option value=''>" . F_SELECT_ONE . "</option>";

{	

}
			else
			{
			}

}
		echo "</select>";
		echo "</td>";
		echo "</tr>";		
		echo "</form>";
	}
?>

Cheers, this dose help, i think this is more or less what i have, but the problem is that it then updates all the forms with the same dropdown.

if i select the 'mediator', 'user' or the 'administrator' it also sets the rest of the dropdowns to the same one?

any ideas ?

Cheers for you help so far.

here you go hope its helpfull.. change quite a lot of things

<?php
	$form = array();
	{

{
		}
		echo "<td><select name='userGroups' onchange=\"this.form.submit()\"><option value=''>" . F_SELECT_ONE . "</option>";

{	

}
			else
			{
			}

}
		echo "</select>";
		echo "</td>";
		echo "</tr>";		
		echo "</form>";
	}
?>

sorry. The info is stored in the user table, but i am geting the info for the drop down from the groups table.

no I meant your selection should come from the table your storing the details of which group the user belongs too... which table is that ?

Cheers for all you help.

i think i might have found a way round it, i have added :

$userID = $getUserDetails['userID'];
$tec = "userGroups" . $userID . "";

here is the full code. :)

<?php
	{
		$userID = $getUserDetails['userID'];
		$tec = "userGroups" . $userID . "";
		{
		}
		echo "<td><span class=small><a href=" . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ."?g=" . $_POST[$tec] . "&selectedNewUser=" . $getUserDetails['userID'] . "&o=1>Yes</a></span></td><td><span class=small><a href=" . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ."?selectedNewUser=" . $getUserDetails['userID'] . "&o=2>No</a></span></td><td><span class=\"small\"> $getUserDetails[userName]</span></td><td><span class=\"small\">$getUserDetails[forename] $getUserDetails[surname]</span></td><td><span class=\"small\">$theArea</span></td><td><span class=\"small\">$getUserDetails[resion]</span></td>";
		echo "<td><select name='userGroups" . $userID . "' onchange=\"this.form.submit()\"><option value=''>" . F_SELECT_ONE . "</option>";
			if ($_POST[$tec] == $noticia['groupID'])
			{	
			}
			else
			{
			}
		}
		echo "</select>";
		echo "</td>";
		echo "</tr>";		
		echo "</form>";
	}
?>	

hope it makes sence to what i was trying to do.

cheers rajivgonsalves for all your help.

Neil

well in which table do you plan to store it ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.