WAMP and PEAR - installation hangs

I having a problem with installation of pear on a wamp configuration (WAMP 5.0 wamserver 2.0). The problem is that system hangs. The following message is generated. I clicked go-pear.bat and my system responds with the following message and hangs:

“Welcome to go-pear!

1. Installation prefix : C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5

2. Binaries directory : $prefix

3. PHP code directory ($php_dir) : $prefix\pear

4. Documentation base directory : $php_dir\docs

5. Data base directory : $php_dir\data

6. Tests base directory : $php_dir\tests

7. Temporary files directory : $prefix\temp

8. php.exe path : C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\php.exe

1-8, 'all' or Enter to continue:

The following PEAR packages are bundled with PHP: MDB2.

Would you like to install these as well? [Y/n] : n

Loading zlib: ok

Downloading package: PEAR-stable......ok

Downloading package: Archive_Tar-stable....ok

Downloading package: Console_Getopt-stable....ok

Downloading package: Structures_Graph-stable....ok

Bootstrapping: PEAR...................(remote) ok

Bootstrapping: Archive_Tar............(remote) ok

Bootstrapping: Console_Getopt.........(remote) ok

Extracting installer..................ok

warning: pear/PEAR requires package "pear/Archive_Tar" (version >= 1.3.1)

warning: pear/PEAR requires package "pear/Console_Getopt" (version >= 1.2)

warning: pear/PEAR requires package "pear/Structures_Graph" (version >= 1.0.2)

pear/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/XML_RPC" (version >= 1.4.0)

pear/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/PEAR_Frontend_Web" (version >= 0.5.0)

pear/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/PEAR_Frontend_Gtk" (version >= 0.4.0)

So,  everything is according to what they specified but it simply does not work from the start.

I have tried as well  to use web approach to install pear on wamp configuration as I used http://localhost/novi/gopear.php?step=config

where I have configured properly the directories:

Below is a suggested file layout for your new PEAR installation.

Note: Make sure that PHP has the permission to access the specified

directories.

1. Installation prefix C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5

11. php.exe path, optional (CLI command tools) C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5

I have  put in  the new installation directory, but it seems to me that it is not accepted by the installation procedure.

This value are configured properly but they are not as the one which generate error! It seems to me that installation procedure did not take the right directories.

"mkdir failed: Loading zlib: ok Downloading package: PEAR-stable......ok Downloading package: Archive_Tar-stable....ok Downloading package: Console_Getopt-stable....ok Downloading package: Structures_Graph-stable....ok Downloading package: HTML_Template_IT-stable....ok Downloading package: Net_UserAgent_Detect-stable....ok Downloading package: PEAR_Frontend_Web-beta....ok Bootstrapping: PEAR...................(remote) ok Bootstrapping: Archive_Tar............

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in C:\wamp\www\novi\gopear.php on line 642

lokal jeArray(remote) ok Bootstrapping: Console_Getopt.........

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: File exists in C:\wamp\www\novi\gopear.php on line 656

(remote) ok Downloading package: MDB2.............ok Extracting installer..................

Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\novi\Archive\Tar.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5/temp/C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\temp\gop1DF.tmp') in C:\wamp\www\novi\Archive\Tar.php on line 21"

Overall this routine with approach generate different error messages. I am having difficulties understanding what is wrong.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.