[SOLVED] Data Structure

dynamic21

Hi guys,

I'm using MySQL 5, and I just needed an idea of how to structure my database. I'm quite a noob to this, however I do know some basics.

I need to keep track of users and their previous achievements. So, lets say, I have a table of users who run track. In this table contains their names, addresses, and 40-yard dash times. Now, I'm stuck on the idea of keeping track of a list of each individual's previous accomplishments.

For example, I'd like to keep in the database that User-1 has won tournaments in City1, City2, and City3, while User-2 has won tournaments in only City3 and City4. How do I go about storing this "list" for each user? I'm sorry if my question has been answered before, I've been searching the internet for the past two hours and I just don't think I'm wording my question correctly in google or something. Am I making this much more complicated than it should be?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.