Creating CMS back end please help

nightshade

Hey, lately I've got a project from a client which is to offer templates to people, host it for them,  and allow them to change few things on the backend system (which I will create).

Now users will need to login and have limit space so they dont over upload pictures and so on, and also users can check their emails from this backend.

Honestly I'm new to such things, I know php but does this need server to be done or it can be done through reseller or shared host?

Also can you limit people using more than x space through php?

Thanks

Now users will need to login and have limit space so they dont over upload pictures and so on, and also users can check their emails from this backend.

You can also opt to check the size of every file uploaded before they are moved from temporary storage and stored in the directory.

does this need server to be done or it can be done through reseller or shared host?

You should be able to do this on any server as long as the writing permissions for the folder are set properly (777)

Also can you limit people using more than x space through php?

Yup. You can for example set it up so that each person has his/her own folder. Then you can check the size of the folder. I think you'll have to add the size of each size in the folder to do that, though.

check out filesize() or try to find some recursive script for directory size you can use for reference

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.