GnuPG / GPG not working

raven74

I can't get GnuPG / GPG to work on my shared server:

- gpg is installed on the server

- no functions are disabled in php.ini Anyway, I checked and exec works.

- .htaccess allows ExecCGI (just in case this has anything to do with the problem)

- gpg and home path are correct according to:

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];

and

exec("which gpg");

- in gnupg folder: pubring.gpg, random_seed, secring.gpg, trustdb.gpg are all cmod 644.

I run the code but absolutely nothing is outputted not even errors... nothing... not even when setting error reporting to "eall".

I have tried all the php tutorials I could find on the net but they all have the same problem: they don't output anything.

I created a "4096" bit?byte? public key with a key password. Does this password have to be included somewhere in the code ?

<?php
$gpg = '/usr/bin/gpg';
$recipient = 'sample@email.com';
$texttoencrypt = 'Sample text to encrypt.';
$key_dir = '/home/myusername/.gnupg';

$shellreturn = shell_exec("$gpg -e --homedir $key_dir --no-secmem-warning -r $recipient $texttoencrypt");
echo $shellreturn;
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.