Skinning my website using php

little.muffet

Hi, I'm very sorry if you get threads like this all the time. But I'm completely stumped!

Basically - I want to add the feature of skins to my fansite, so people browsing my website can choose which layout they want to use whilst browsing. I used this tutorial on how to set it up. It's all going quite smoothly, apart from the part:

Now that we've set up the important bits, you can put the code in every one of your pages that will make the skin 'stick'. Each page should look like this:

<?php include('header.php'); ?>

your page content here.

<?php include($footer); ?>

Easy peasy.

That code doesn't work for all the pages I use it on, and I have no idea why. There's really no difference with the php coding from this page to this page. But the codes don't work on that second page. I don't know if it's because the second page is in a folder whereas the other one isn't, so the code might not work because of that...?  ???

Please help, thanks in advance.  ;)

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.