Tracking

TheUnknown

Anyone have any suggestions on tracking down what is causing one of my pages not to display anything but a white page

Whats the best way to track down whats causing a nasty white page?

the page will act like it wants to load and it will sometimes, but most of the time a white page is displayed...

Does this page often not show in a specific browser, such as IE?

I've seen a few problems in PHP where the code is correct, but IE just won't show the page. In the end, I found the line that caused the problem, deleted it, rewrote it, and it worked fine. o_o

When the data that is submitted to a page changes with different browsers, it is due to the HTML markup being invalid, where one browser rendered the page ignoring the html errors, and the data got submitted, and the other bowser failed to render the page because of the html errors, and no data got submitted.

Your php code also needs to validate every piece of data it receives to make sure it contains something, and output a meaningful validation error message like - "no data submitted for ...." and then stop execution rather than blindly continuing to attempt to operate on empty data. Doing so would have prevented the code from even executing a foreach() loop that did not contain an array.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.