How to manage a newsletter with a large amount of subscribers

akaeu

Hi,

I have a website where the number of the people subscribed to the newsletter is a little large for me . About 3000 and I have to send one email daily to all the people.

How should I have to program.. the algorithm for it , so the yahoo or other services will not block all my emails because are too many in a short period of time ?

Now is : when the newsletter is send it , it actually send all the emails.

What is the amount of emails that is recommended to send in one hour ?

Sure, I have the emails in a database :

My example is this :

1500 emails monthly  (1st day of each month)

2000 emails weekly (1st day of the week)

2300 emails daily (each day) +

a newsletter with a database of about 5000 subscribers (this newsletter is send it about 2-3 times/month).

Now I have some crontabs that activate the script to send each group of emails(monthly, weekly,daily,newsletter) at the time specifyed.

Any other suggestions ?

a day mean 1440 in my case about  : 4emails / minut in case I will send 4 emails/ minut , but the problem is that during the day for the good functionality of the website about other 500 emails are send daily for communication with clients.

So what do you people suggest me to do. How should I manage this ammount of emails.

Regards

Sure, I have the emails in a database :

My example is this :

1500 emails monthly  (1st day of each month)

2000 emails weekly (1st day of the week)

2300 emails daily (each day) +

a newsletter with a database of about 5000 subscribers (this newsletter is send it about 2-3 times/month).

Now I have some crontabs that activate the script to send each group of emails(monthly, weekly,daily,newsletter) at the time specifyed.

Any other suggestions ?

a day mean 1440 in my case about  : 4emails / minut in case I will send 4 emails/ minut , but the problem is that during the day for the good functionality of the website about other 500 emails are send daily for communication with clients.

So what do you people suggest me to do. How should I manage this ammount of emails.

Regards

Fetch the emails, loop through them and send email.

Something like this:

<?php

$db_connect = mysql_connect("server","user","pass") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db("db") or die(mysql_error());

$query = mysql_query("SELECT emails FROM subscribers") or die(mysql_error());;
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query)){
mail($row['email'], "subject: daily email", "body: this message is sent to you daily");
}
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.