Godaddy Last Modified Header Function

sKunKbad

I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error occasionally when this loads:

<?php header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s", getlastmod()) ." GMT"); ?>
<html>
<head>
	<title>Godaddy 500 Internal Server Error</title>
</head>
<body>
	<p>Everytime second time you load this page, you will get the 500 Internal Server Error from Godaddy</p>
</body>
</html>

IE gives the error every time I loaded it. Firefox every other time. Safari and Opera were fine. I don't want to disable browser caching, and I don't want to send a 304 status header if the page hasn't been modified. The reason for this is because I use a sitemap program that needs the last modified header to output the real last modification in the sitemap. What's up with this 500 internal server error? Is there some other reliable way to send the last-modified header?

Thanks

I called Godaddy and even after having their admin review the incident they claim the problem is with my "custom scripting"! Unless I can get this fixed right away, I'm going to be changing hosts.

So, I'm now either looking for a fix, or a hosting recommendation.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.