Ordering rows by 2 columns

therealwesfoster

I have a question, how can I get information and show it in order according to 2 different columns in the db row?

Example:

MYTABLE:
id
name
number1
number2

I want to get all the rows from MYTABLE, and IF number1 is greater than 0, order them ASC. After all of the rows where number1 is greater than 0 are gone through, start with all the other rows and order them all ASC by number2.

I hope im making sense.. how could I do this with 1 query?

I don't think you understood me completely.. thanks for the reply though.

I want to display all the rows. By default, number1 is left at 0. But if by chance if number1 is greater than 0, I want it to first grab all of those rows and order them by that number, then only AFTER all of the rows that contain a number greater than 0 in the number1 column are used, grab the rest of the rows and order them by their number (number2).

See, all of the rows have a number2, but by having something greater than 0 in the number1 column, I want them to get boosted up to the top of the list.

I think i explained it a little better this time :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.