PHP Files Location On Server

Clb

High All,

I am a little new to PHP so here goes.

I am running Win Server 2003 r2 and IIS 6.

PHP test files and mysql test connect files work fine from C:\inetpub\wwwroot

I have a main web site in inetpub\wwwroot and several virtual sites that store and run from E:\****

If I place the PHP test file or mysql test connect files in the virtual home directories none work?

I'm sure this is simple, but have drew a blank?

Thank for any help and suggestions.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is simple, your "virtual sites" are not part of your web server therefore PHP will not be parsed in them by your web server.

Either move the "virtual sites" to your web server root directory (wwwroot) or configure IIS to point to one of them (and then no longer have access to your other sites).

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, all you need to do is make sure that each of your "Virtual Host" setup in IIS has loaded the PHP ISAPI extention into the "ISAPI Filters" section.  Then make sure the php5isapi.dll file is allowed to be run in the "Web Service Extensions".

Also don't for get to add the .php mapping to the "Application Configuration" area.  (Located under the Home Document tab.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.