What am i doing wrong?

kristofferlc

I'm trying to make a thumb image and a bigger image for a gallery with a function so i can repeat the code more than once at the same page. I cant seem to make it work, and i dont know what i'm doing wrong.  :-\

I'm not very known with functions, but realy need this to work...

And yes i do have the GD lib instaled...

The code goes:

// Image function

function handleImage($imagepath, $new_width, $new_height, $img_nr, $main_nr)

{

$image = open_image($imagepath);

// Find width and height for original image

$width = imagesx($image);

$height = imagesy($image);

// Resample sub

$image_resized = imagecreatetruecolor($new_width, $new_height);

imagecopyresampled($image_resized, $image, 0, 0, 0, 0, $new_width, $new_height, $width, $height);

// Save resized image sub

imagejpeg($image_resized, $main_nr . '/' . $img_nr . '_sub.jpg', 95);

// Big width and size

$new_height_big = "500";

$new_width_big = $width * ($new_height_big/$height);

// Resamble big

$image_resized2 = imagecreatetruecolor($new_width_big, $new_height_big);

imagecopyresampled($image_resized2, $image, 0, 0, 0, 0, $new_width_big, $new_height_big, $width, $height);

// Save resized image sub

imagejpeg($image_resized2, $main_nr . '/' . $img_nr . '_big.jpg', 95); 

}

And this is how i call the function:

handleImage($_FILES['billede1']['tmp_name'], 100, 80, 1, $nr);

I've been looking trough it alot of times but still miss my error...  ??? If anyone can help me i'll be verry greatfull.

In case anyone cares.

When i put out dg_info() i get this in return:

array(12) { ["GD Version"]=> string(27) "bundled (2.0.34 compatible)" ["FreeType Support"]=> bool(true) ["FreeType Linkage"]=> string(13) "with freetype" ["T1Lib Support"]=> bool(true) ["GIF Read Support"]=> bool(true) ["GIF Create Support"]=> bool(true) ["JPG Support"]=> bool(true) ["PNG Support"]=> bool(true) ["WBMP Support"]=> bool(true) ["XPM Support"]=> bool(true) ["XBM Support"]=> bool(true) ["JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support"]=> bool(false) }

This is odd... I seem to have found a part of the problem... I think... See, if i only try to upload (and resize) one image, it works, but as soon as i bring more than one image into the code, like here, it messes up... To me it looks like i can only handle one image at the time, witch anoys me, is there a way to solve this? (I've tryed imagedestroy() but it didnt work.)

The only error i've got so far is a 500 http error in the browser, witch only tells me that there sould be a programing error or that the page is under an update... I dont know if there's some other error i can make it show with a "get_error()" function or something like that, i'm not a super php programer...  :-\

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.