is this me or my server?

Mordax Praetorian

All 3 of the following:

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR='000000' BACKGROUND='../../images/bartile.png' TEXT="AAAA00" LINK="AAAA00" VLINK="AAAA00" ALINK="DDDD00">
<?php
$ch = $_GET['ch'];
$pt = $_GET['pt'];
echo "we are currently trying to fix the nav bars, that you're reading this means progress is being made towards this";
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

<?php
$ch = $_GET['ch'];
$pt = $_GET['pt'];
?>
<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR='000000' BACKGROUND='../../images/bartile.png' TEXT="AAAA00" LINK="AAAA00" VLINK="AAAA00" ALINK="DDDD00">
<?php
echo "we are currently trying to fix the nav bars, that you're reading this means progress is being made towards this";>
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

and:

<?php
$ch = $_GET['ch'];
$pt = $_GET['pt'];
echo '<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="000000" BACKGROUND="../../images/bartile.png" TEXT="AAAA00" LINK="AAAA00" VLINK="AAAA00" ALINK="DDDD00">';
echo "we are currently trying to fix the nav bars, that you're reading this means progress is being made towards this";
echo "</BODY></HTML>";
?>

All give Internal Server Errors logged as "Premature end of script headers"

I tried both solutions based on the Headers post stickied at the top of the forum, and from searching the forum I've deduced that this is usualy something wrong with the server

I'd just like confirmation that I'm doing absolutly nothing wrong in the code before I go to my host (who is probably reading this) and ask him to help me fix this, as my huge ammount of inexperiance with php is sufficient evidence to still suspect that this is a problem with my coding somehow

Please provide all the relative information like - operating system, web server and version, php version, if php is running as a CGI wrapper (probably, based on searching for that error message) or as a server module.

Also, do any web pages work?

If php is running as a CGI wrapper, there are a handful of setting in php.ini (search php.ini for "cgi") that you might need to change depending on web server.

If this is your own development system and php is installed as a CGI wrapper and you don't have any specific reason for it to be a CGI wrapper, change to using php as a server module.

OS - Usure, probably Linux (FC)

Web Server - Plesk?

All other webpages weather .html or .php work flawlessly

the files have .php extensions and are being called in a HTML frame with ?ch=0&pt=1 however the error persists if accessed outside the frame

I don't have any other information on the server, what its running, knowledge to change things, and likely no permit to change things, I need to request this of the host (who I'm surprised hasn't replied already) and I can't expect too much of him because he is hosting my pages for nothing

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.