[SOLVED] Sessions

thomashw

For the following code, when the link is clicked, what will the session be storing exactly? I'm trying to do this on multiple pages, with different product_id's, so when clicked they will be held in a session and then I can display them in a shopping cart. Will this work?

<?
session_start();
if (!isset($_SESSION['cart'])) {
$_SESSION['cart'] = array();
}
if (isset($_GET['buy'])) {
$_SESSION['cart'][] = $_GET['product_id'];
}
?>

<form method="post" name="itemselect" action="<? echo "$_SERVER[php_SELF]?product_id={$id}" ?>" target="purchaseform">

product_id=$id isn't added?

What I want to do is add multiple product_id's to a "cart" and then have the user be able to view the products they've added (all the products and their id's are in my database.) I have the session counting how many products are in the cart, and it's working, I'm just not sure how to "extract" the product_id information from the session.

Could someone explain?

Well $_SESSION['cart'] is an array. You can loop though it or access by specific key.

for example

foreach($_SESSION['cart] as $key => $val){

echo 'key: ' . $key .' val:' . $val . '<br />';

}

I dont know what type of query you are trying to run, but that should be how you access the info

Ahh, okay.

Could I keep the rest of my SELECT statement, or would I need to change it (I need each product_id to apply to the statement.)

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * 
FROM feature_product, feature_group, feature_item 
WHERE feature_product.feature_product_id IN (". $product_ids .") 
AND feature_group.feature_product_id=feature_product.feature_product_id 
AND feature_item.feature_group_id=feature_group.feature_group_id");

Nevermind, figured that one out.

BUT, now no matter which product I add (product_id=2&product_buy=2, for example) it just shows the first product again (product_id=1&product_buy=1). I think this has to do with the implode, but I don't know how it works.

Anyone?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.