How do I accomplish sending a parsed php file in an email ...

bsamson

Alright ... have a slight problem :)

I have an internal site for the company i work for. Every night all stores go to this web interface and goto "BREAKDOWN" to report some info at the store level. I have that form working and saving all info in the DB.

Now, every night that information needs to be emailed to 3 managers.

I can create a PHP script to display the info on a page within the site ... however I need that info emailed to these people everynight @ midnight. I understand I have to create a CROn job to accomblish this ... but I do not know how to create this email script!

Please any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

----------------------------------------

By the way, this information HAS to be included in the email ... in other words it cannot just email a link to the page. Thanks!

you can use output buffering to collect the page into a php var that you can write as the content of an html email

look into ob_start(). http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.ob-start.php

another way i've done it where a client wanted them to see the final paid invoice but have it emailed in html email, was i used

heredoc to store the content in a var then echo to webpage for them to see and use the var in email

http://us.php.net/manual/sl/language.types.string.php#language.types.string.syntax.heredoc

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.