Whew! It's finished! Thanks to all of you.

vozzek

In the beginning, there was nothingness.

I was a snot-nosed web rookie armed with a dozen html tags, a high-speed internet connection, and the daunting task of creating my own retail website.  I knew two things: jack and squat. That was about four months ago. 

Since then, I've self-taught myself CSS, mySQL, some javascript, and with very much help from this board - php.  In fact, I went absolutely php berserk.  The unlimited flexibility and power it affords you just can't be matched by anything else, and so most of my site ended up being php-driven.

Cookie-cutter code didn't cut it, and I ended up doing a lot of things myself.  I wrote my own php-based shopping cart, for better or for worse.  In the end I know I probably took the long way around certain things, and I know many things can be done a lot better.  Still, nothing beats knowing what 100% of your entire site's code means simply because you wrote it all yourself.

Please critique my site.  I'm open to all criticism, and would love your feedback.  So if you can make it look better, load faster, feel cleaner... whatever - I am sooooo totally open to suggestions.

The people on this board are sharp-eyed (and sharp-tongued  ::)) but I've always gotten great advice and I respect the opinions here.  So without further ado:

http://www.thefrogandtheprincess.com/

Keep in mind that I know very little about securing folders or any of that type of stuff.  I'd be grateful to learn about that.  Any help or advice given is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The welcome image is pretty pixelated. I would open that image in your image editing software and  zoom in to about 300% to 400%(until you can see individual pixels) and remove the offending pixels. You can do this by changing the color of that pixel to match the color behind it.

Otherwise it is a decent site. I would work on the color scheme though. I don't really think that green matches that pink very well.

You're right about the pixelation of some images.  I'll get that cleaned up.

As for the tables, I didn't know anything about <div> at the time.  I'm still learning.  In fact, I don't think I used div in the entire site.

Are tables slower to load?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.