Set several input radio-buttons as standard

theWheeler

Hi! Basicly, this is what I´m trying to do:

I have a form with several languages which is categories. Each category has several options and each option is what how many menu-items the user have created for the language. Each language can have several items, and others can have just one... I want to set a standard for each language among these several options to set as primary to use.

Each option is an <input type="radio" -box and has a unique id. Because of there are several items in each category I have given each input a category-name, like: name="standard_sv[]" (for swedish) and name="standard_en[]" (for english). I collect all my id´s that I have selected from the form when submitted the form and put the id´s into an array. But when I trying to loop for each value (id) with foreach and trying to store it in the database (mysql), it doesn´t store anything. I have bean sitting here for more then 2 days and can´t solve the problem or see what´s wrong with it... I have my id´s in the array and so on...  and the function sees the array... So I don´t know wy??? Please help...

Here some code:

<?php
function Set_Menu_Standard() {

global $standard;

$sql = "UPDATE nq_menu SET nq_menu.static='0'";

mysql_query($sql) or die (mysql_error($sql));

foreach($standard as $strd) {

$sql = "UPDATE nq_menu SET nq_menu.static='1' WHERE nq_menu.id='$strd'";

mysql_query($sql) or die (mysql_error($sql));

}
}

if(isset($_POST['usemenu'])) {

$lang = List_Lang();

foreach($lang as $ln) {

$standard[] = $_POST['standard_'.$ln['lang']];
        print_r($_POST['standard_'.$ln['lang']]);

}
    Set_Menu_Standard();
}
?>

<form action="<?php echo basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']); ?>" method="post">

<?...?>
<?php
$listmenu = List_Option_Menu();
    foreach($listmenu as $menu) {

if($selectedlang != $menu['lang']) {

$selectedlang = $menu['lang'];
            echo $menu['language'] .':<br>';
        }

if ($menu['static'] == true) {
            $radiochecked = ' checked';
        } else {
            $radiochecked = '';}

echo $menu['id'].' <input type="checkbox" name="selectbox[]" value="'.$menu['id'] .'">'."\r";
        echo '<input type="radio" name="standard_'.$menu['lang'].'[]" value="'.$menu['id'] .'" title="Use this option"' .$radiochecked .'><a href="#">'.$menu['title'].'</a><br>'."\r";

}
?>
<input type="submit" name="usemenu" value="Spara">
</form>

it's like searching for black holes, you can only tell by knowing what's missing!

Apparently something is missing I just don´t know what... Is it the array $standard or the foreach-loop...? The table in the database doesn´t update the cell with the new value... I know that the connection is working because I can insert or update other values in the same table and others... This is very strange.

The $standard in the function contains:

Array
(
    [0] => Array
        (
            [0] => 1
        )

[1] => Array
        (
            [0] => 2
        )

[2] => Array
        (
            [0] => 4
        )

)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.