Mkdir only one level

Hayce

My host's server recently crashed and now my directory creation code is failing.

Seems I'm able to great a directory using mkdir() but I am unable to create any another directories inside it.

I can see in plesk that the newly created folder has a uid and gid of "apache" which is different to the other folders.

After searching it seems that the host has safe_mode on, I've found a fair bit of info/people that have this issue but whats the fix? Unsure if I can get the host to turn it off so how can I create folders and sub folders?

Any help appreciated.

Yea mate tried that. Tried creating with 0777 / 0755 / 02777 no joy. Tried chmod() with the same after initial creation and still nothing.

Seems to me that it's a ownership problem rather than permissions but I can't find the fix lol.

And yea this is under *nix.

I sure have and last time he looked he reckoned he couldn't see anything a-miss.

Just so I'm clear though, this is a server problem and not something on my (code) end? Because I've been scratching my head for a while and coming up with nothing, ideally I'd like to be able to say "you have to change xyz for me, thank you".  ;D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.