Update checkboxes value.

Gustav

Hi guys,

I have a small problem, the thing is i whant to load a page which displays the available modules and if it is enabled or not from the database (by showing the checkbox marked). That part works, however when i whant to try to update these fields i have no clue on how to perform that, i´ve tried several things i´ve found on the net but not working. Im a bit of noob in php.

The database consist of two rows, module_name and is_enabled. Where is enabled is only 1 or 0 dependingif it is enabled or not.

<FORM action="index.php" method="post">
        <?PHP
	$array_row = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM check_modules");
	while($row = mysql_fetch_array($array_row)){
		$module_name = $row["Module_name"];
		$array_enabled = mysql_query("SELECT is_enabled FROM check_modules where Module_name='$module_name'");
		$enabled = mysql_fetch_array($array_enabled);
		$db_box1 = $row["is_enabled"];
		if($db_box1 == 1)  {$set_checked = "CHECKED";}
			else{$set_checked  =  "";} 
		print "<input type=\"checkbox\"  NAME=\"check[]\"  VALUE=\"$db_box1\" $set_checked/> $module_name <br>";
		$set_checked = ""; 
	} 
	?> 
        <br>
        <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit" />
</FORM>

Im stuck here i dont know how to check if the boxes are checked or not and when submit is pressed update the is_enabled field with either 1 or 0.

With regards,

Gustav

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.