send mail using gmail account?!

hassank1

hey I was wondering if there's a method 2 send mail from my gmail account using php script

(php script will get my account id and password) so I think in this way when sending an email I'll be more sure that mail won't delivered to the spam folder...so is there any method tutorial or something else ?

thanks

You can send email using your gmail account using php, but you must use SMTP authentication (to give your account name/password) and the php mail() function does not support SMTP authentication.

To do this you must open a socket to the mail server and exchange SMTP commands. The two popular php mailer classes - phpmailer and swiftmailer do this for you - http://phpmailer.codeworxtech.com/ and http://www.swiftmailer.org/

i think you have got confused. You can set where the mail is from, which can be your gmail account. But as far as i know the mail is sent via your webserver.

Nope IMAP can do exactly this, its a bit tricky and very slow but needless to say it will work out.  THe IMAP Fetch_mail_box function user notes has a bunch of tips on gmail.

Nope IMAP can do exactly this, its a bit tricky and very slow but needless to say it will work out.  THe IMAP Fetch_mail_box function user notes has a bunch of tips on gmail.

what's IMAP exactly ? and when saying very slow .. do u mean isn't reliable 2 use it for big (or moderate) mailing list :S !?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.