[SOLVED] Ie 6 blocky appearance

scottybwoy

I don't really know whats going on here. My page looks fine in firefox, but when in IE6 it looks like blocks of nothing start rendering over the top of my text and other elements. especially when hovering over links and scrolling around.

Can someone have a look at http://www.mri.co.uk/controllers/eSATA-4MCR.php in IE and ff if you can, and see if you can tell me whats going on, thanks.

You wouldn't happen to be viewing IE6 within an XP installation on a Virtualbox virtual machine?

This is how I test my sites in IE6 and they all have bizarre blocks flashing around the cursor as it moves over pieces of text etc. I think it is a VB VM issue and not what your site actually looks like in IE6...just check this with someone who has IE6 in a non virtual environment.

Hmm, I sorted most of these out, the errors are just small ones, and taking these out does effect the structure.  I even did take these out to see if it worked without these errors but no joy, so I put them back in.

The error that I am seeing, is not a black square 75x75, but is blocks of blankness, and this seems different for different users. i.e on mine Win2000 SP4 IE6.0.28xxx

On loading the second paragraph on the first block of text, only half is showing, when I scroll down it re-appears as if like an etch-o-sketch bar.  But when I hover over a link, like say the nav bar at the top, it starts taking chunks out again.

A similar thing happens when I hover over the bottom buttons, where grey spills over the content div.

I don't have any idea as to why this behaviour is happening.  Any more ideas?

oh right, well I think you are just having some "hasLayout" problems.

try adding {height:1%;} to the elements that are giving you the problems. for example, if the heading or link is disappearing, make sure that for IE6 there is a {height:1%} declaration in the css for the element. if that doesn't work, have a read of this page and see if any of the other layout-triggering properties do the job - http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/onhavinglayout.html

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.