[SOLVED] Directory Check?

SirChick

As with :

$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']

You can get the name of the file. And the directory. Now my question is say i have this:

Echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];

And it displays:

/foldername/phpfile.php

Is there a way using if statements to check that the file the user is view is in that exact folder name rather ? But the php file name after is totally irrelevant?

Something like:

"If ($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] == '/foldername/...')"

Is it possible if so what is the best way?

Well from what i read about that function that is for creating a directory not "getting" the directory of the php file the user is viewing . My explanation was poor so ill try a second time. (Damn thing would not let me edit my post!)

With the PHP_SELF function it gives you the directory of the php file that the user is viewing. What i need to do is use an If statement to check that the php is in the directory i want it to be in if you get me?

So say the user views "test.php"

PHP_SELF would show "/foldername/test.php"

Now in an if statement it wouldn't be smart to have 100's of if statements to check that each page was in the foldername because i would have to have an If statement for every php file name so i need to make it only check as far as the folder name then after that it is not important.

So i need a way for it to only read the directory but not the php file name so the result will show:

if(PHP_SELF == /foldername/...) 

the " ... " represents "anything after that" is valid.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.