want table to appear.

Squalls_dreams

hello once again, I have this problem with my php coding. Well someone showed me this and then they gave me the coding on how to make a table appear for a certain section. So this is what happens. My php coding is for my main index layout so I wont have to put the html coding in every page. All I have to do is write the content and put the link like <a href="?bte=introduction">introduction<a/> now the problem here is I want a new table to appear at the top left with the other tables with links. how would I do this?

this is what the code looks like.

<?

$val = $_GET['bte'];

$val .= ".php";

$dirty = array("..");

$clean = array("");

$val = str_replace($dirty, $clean, $val);

if (isset($_GET['bte'])) {

if (file_exists($val)) {

include "$val";

}

else {

include "index.php";

}

}

else {

$number = "2";

include "../news/show_news.php";

}

?>

lets say I wanted to click on final fantasy 8. It would only show the main page and thats it. So I want a new table with links to appear on the left with the others so I can have more pages about final fantasy 8.

you can view the site at http://johnfisher.myknet.org/one/index.php

I want a new table with links in it to appear..because I dont want to add my hole index.php file into my final fantasy 7 php file and keep updating it as the same as the index file. maybe I'm not understanding what your saying but anyway, I just create a page like ff7.php right. I click on final fantasy 7 link on my index.php and it brings me to ff7.php now the problem is it just shows the page but I cant figure out how I can make it so that more links appear. Cuz I dont want my index.php page to have all the links like final fantasy 7 and then coverage and characters and so on. and then final fantasy 8. Thats gonna be a lot of links on the index page. Get what I'm saying? I'm trying to explain it the best I can..

maybe there's a way I can have a drop down of links once someone clicks the final fantasy 7 link?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.