[SOLVED] Using a PHP variable for js function

blackcell

I want to loop through a small database.  For each record in the database I am going to display (in a table):

record1    note1

record2    note2

record2    note3

record3    note4

record4    note5

record5    note6

When I onmouseOver the record# I want to show a picture for record#

I can easily do this with php and using like a "Picture Link" that is associated with the record#.png and it works.  I have done it a million times but I am new to jscript and I don't know quite how to do it.  What I have so far:

<script type="text/javascript">
function mouseOver(imageName)
{
document.b1.src = imageName;
}
</script>

<? My Loop begins here assigning variables ?>

<html>
<table>
<tr>
<td onmouseOver="mouseOver(<? echo "$record_number.png" ?>)" align="left"><? echo $recordnumber?>
</tr>
</html>

<? My Loop ends here ?>

After a simple test I found that my html table header row will work fine with the jscript, but the rows that are populated by my loop that is pulling information from a mysql database will not work.  Even when I use two simple pictures with no variables. Anybody got anything?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.