Updating text fields

adrian28uk

I am putting together a small test shopping cart. I have got the principles of how it works, however I have noticed that on a lot of carts you can update the quantities and press one update button to adjust the final qtys of all products before checking out.

What I need to do is put the id and qty by creating an array which I can do by submitting the form.

The first number in the array is the id of the product, and the second number is the new quantity, like so.

<?php

$quantities = array("789", "2", "790","3");

?>

This is the part where I get stuck.

I need to split the first two numbers from the array and then assign these to the mysql statement using a for each loop and so on.

I hope this makes some sort of sense.

Do you mean something like this 234,235,236 could be the ids of the products. 2,3,4 are the updated quantities for these ids

$new_qty= array('234' => '2', '235' => '3', '236' => '4);

Then use a foreach loop to echo out the results?

I have managed to use foreach loop, the problem I had was extracting the id and qty so that I could put these in a MySQL query.

The answer to my problem is probably staring me in the face.

instaid of using

<?php

$quantities = array("789", "2", "790","3");

?>

you can use

<?php

$quantities = array(array("789", "2"), array("790","3"));

?>

this will be easier to iterate through the array element using the nested loop

Rgds,

Sharad

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.