Statcounter code... okay to install?

vozzek

Hi all,

My website went live recently and I was wondering if it was okay to install Statcounter's code on it to keep track of hits and stuff.  I chose the 'invisible' counter option and they gave me a small snippet of code that went in easily enough.

I never had any experience with statcounters and figured I'd ask you guys if you thought it was okay.  I don't want to do anything to make the pages load slower, trigger browser alerts, etc...

So in your opinion, is it cool?

Thanks a bunch.

This question really doesn't go in the JavaScript forum; but I will tell you what I think anyway. It's a fairly popular third party hit counter. I wouldn't think you would get any page errors, but if it does; there are workarounds. I have never used it personally, but I guess as with any hit counter script or implementation; it could possibly create a slight slow down in page loads. I guess it's just one of those things where you weigh out the pros and the cons; for the most part, it's probably pros.

Good Luck :) 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.