[SOLVED] How to do a cron?

marklarah

Hi, you've all just seen my login script, but how do i set a cron in cPanel so that it checks every 10 minutes for an inactive user and resets their active bool? It updates the last active time each time a page loads with this:

$id = $_SESSION['userID'];

$lin = "UPDATE users SET llin = NOW() WHERE ID = '$id' ";
mysql_query($lin) or die('Error, query failed now');

I have a bool field called active where 0 would be inactive. How would I do this?

i get:

/home2/tlscom/public_html/check.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory

/home2/tlscom/public_html/check.php: line 2: include: command not found

/home2/tlscom/public_html/check.php: line 3: include: command not found

/home2/tlscom/public_html/check.php: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `('

/home2/tlscom/public_html/check.php: line 4: `// $cnow = date("H:i:s") - date("H:10:s");'

Thats from the output (from teh email)

Erm well you should only need read and execute permissions for the owner if your server's setup properly. If it's not then you might need to add execute permissions for group and/or others too. That's something only your hosts can dictate though.

r-xr--r-- = 544

r-xr-xr-x = 555

rwxr--r-- = 744 (probably what it should be ideally as presumably you still want to be able to write to it)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.