[SOLVED] php-mysql data retrieve problem??

naveenbj

Hello Friend,

I hav a small issue whr i m not able to find out wher i m wrong.

here is the code

<?php
$con=mysql_connect('localhost' , 'com_testuser' , 'testpassword');
if(!$con)
{
die('Could not connect' .mysql_error());
}
else
mysql_select_db('com_nag1',$con);
$name = $_POST['name'];
$lastname = $_POST['lastname'];
$email = $_POST['email'];
$birth = $_POST['birth'];
$radiobutton = $_POST['radiobutton'];
$phone = $_POST['phone'];
$mobile = $_POST['mobile'];
$fax = $_POST['fax'];
$query="INSERT INTO form_info(name, LastName, Email, BirthDate, Gender, Address, Phone, Mobile, Fax)
VALUES ('$name' , '$lastname' , '$email' , '$birth' , '$radiobutton'  ,'$phone'  , '$mobile' , '$fax')";
/*$query="INSERT INTO 'form_info'(FirstName, LastName, Email, BirthDate, Gender, Address, Phone, Mobile, Fax)
      VALUES('$name','$lastname','$email','$birth','$radiobutton','$address','$phone','$mobile','$fax')";*/
if(!mysql_query($query,$con))
{
die('Error' . mysql_error());
}
echo "One record added";
mysql_close();
?>

This code is for retriving data from a form and it will save the data in mysql table.

but from this  code i got this error mesg "ErrorColumn count doesn't match value count at row 1 "

---------------------------

any suggestions would be highly appriciated!!

Regards,

Nj

You should have posted your current code. I assume you didn't fix it right or are getting the error on a different query (in another part of the code).

In your original post, the query that's commented out is actually correct in terms of number of columns listed match the number of values given.

Check that you did something like the following (items in red are missing):

$address = $_POST['address'];  // whatever you called the form name

$query="INSERT INTO form_info(name, LastName, Email, BirthDate, Gender, Address, Phone, Mobile, Fax)

VALUES ('$name' , '$lastname' , '$email' , '$birth' , '$radiobutton', '$address', '$phone'  , '$mobile' , '$fax')";

You should have posted your current code. I assume you didn't fix it right or are getting the error on a different query (in another part of the code).

In your original post, the query that's commented out is actually correct in terms of number of columns listed match the number of values given.

Check that you did something like the following (items in red are missing):

$address = $_POST['address'];  // whatever you called the form name

VALUES ('$name' , '$lastname' , '$email' , '$birth' , '$radiobutton', '$address', '$phone'  , '$mobile' , '$fax')";

Thanks "toplay" .

Yes ur idea works for  me:)

Regards

Nj

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.