help!!!

Hi,

I just bought a dedicated linux server with fedora core 6 on it. It comes preinstalled with php 5.1.6. I need to uninstall 5.1.6 and install 5.0.4.

The reason for needing the older version is because when i transfered my site from its current server it does not fully work ( most of the site works except it does not pull the data from the database). I was told from my ex-programmer that it was because of the version of php (something about the get call). I do not really know much about php. I have access to my root via ssh. Can someone instruct me on how to properly uninstall the 5.1.6 and then install 5.0.4.

I thank you.

Tom

Chief,

You could simply download the older PHP version, create a phpinfo.php page, copy the configure command. Extract the php version archive, cd to the folder, do

./configure COMMAND U COPIED

make

make install

And thats it...

Although, I'd personally look into other settings, it could be as simple as a few php.ini settings, maybe register_globals, etc is enabled / disabled on either one, safe_mode may also be enabled or disabled on either of the servers.

I'd explore the other options before deciding to downgrade an installation :/.... Especially when 99% of the changes between 5.x.y versions have been bug fixes and nothing that should render your code inoperable..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.