.htaccess tutorial/reference book suggestions

dc519

Could someone recommend a good .htaccess tutorial/reference book? I've found a lot of sites on the web that have spotty info and was wondering if there was a book that is considered THE go-to guide. Seems O'Reilly's Apache book received a lot of shoddy reviews on Amazon and thought someone might have a better idea.

This is pretty good to get you started...

http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml

Once you know what you are trying to do then I do a search for the part I'm wanting to do.

Like for example rewiting your urls to be SE friendly, then I do a search for that.

".htaccess SE friendly urls"

Sometime you might try different combinations.

".htaccess search engine friendly urls"

And poke around until I find one that does what I want or I can understand enough to modify it to do what I want.

My house already looks like Borders, but now with so many help sites out there, I hardly ever buy a book.

Or find a good apache forum site (where there is a lot of interation) and ask for help there.

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/board,2.0.html

Bob

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.