Funky PHP Security Issue?

noorodeen

Hey Guys,

I am having this really weird issue.

I have a problem that uses include for remote host files that return a php snippet of code, or alternatively curl to a remote file that returns a text output that's then parsed.

I ran this setup on hundreds of server configurations.

But this past week, I ran into three incidents where the PHP would halt execution after the include or curl statement.

It really baffles me...and I have no clue why?

One of those incidences was **really** weird.  I kept hitting refresh and about every fourth time everything would work perfectly.

I would also get the error can't fopen on the 3rd refresh...

This seems to be a like a PHP/Apache security issue...

Anyone have any insight into this?

This occurred on 4.4.7 and 4.4.8 all on linux.  I tried to go through the PHP configuration, but the only thing I could tell is on the servers that didn't work, they had the apxs module enabled and the xmlrpc.  But these shouldn't cause any problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

amir

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.