Reading MIME Content Types

saf

I am writing an application that uses the php imap protocol to read emails. I just got done configuring the system to a point where I can read emails and see a list of attachments. My next step is to be able to download these attachments.

Here is my problem:

I am trying to pass MIME types for specific attachments but cannot seem to find a working MIME Content Type function within the php manual. Can anyone please find me a solution to extracting a MIME type from a file.

Note: I am trying to stay away from PECL, and I do not want to have an entire list of MIME types manually coded into my code either.

Thank you,

Saf

I'm sorry if i'm wrong but to my knowledge the deprecated function was a native php function and the file info family of functions are the PECL functions (Something i'm trying to stay away from).

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

-Saf

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.