[SOLVED] Not displaying empty results

oraya

On one of the pages on the site I'm pulling names and addresses. So there are as follows

Name

ad_one

ad_two

ad_three

town

county

post_code

The problem is that not everyone has three lines for there address, so when I place each line on the page I might get a gap between the second line of the address and the town:

<?php echo stripslashes($name); ?><br>

<?php echo stripslashes($ad_first); ?><br>

<?php echo stripslashes($ad_second); ?><br>

<?php echo stripslashes($ad_third); ?><br>

<?php echo stripslashes($town); ?><br>

<?php echo $county; ?><br>

<?php echo $post_code; ?>

Could some one tell me how I may write and if and else statement so those fields that don't have any data in don't get shown.

I did something similar on another page, but it was for just the one result pulled from the database like so:

$result=mysql_query($query);

$num=mysql_numrows($result);

if (mysql_num_rows($result)>0){

echo "<p>There are no Frequently Asked Questions in the database at present.  Would you like to add some?</p>";

}

else {

}

but I can't figure out how to do it when pulling several different results.  Sorry if this has been asked before, i did do a quick search.  Being new to php (6months) I struggle with some things that may seem obvious to others.

Many many thanks in advance to anyone that is able to point me in the right direction.

Oraya

Thank you sooooo much!  That works like a charm, I've spent hours trying to figure out how to do it.  You guys make it look so easy.  Maybe in a few years (lol) it will seem easy to me.  But teaching myself is turning into a real labour of love.

Thank you once again, have a great week.

Oraya

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.