Making &page include Work

bobbit

Heya!

I've been struggling with this for the best part of forever.

On the main index of my website I have the following code to include other pages of my site:

<? 
if (isset($_GET['page'])) $page = $_GET['page'];
else $page = "home";
if (file_exists("$page.php")) include("$page.php");
else echo "Sorry but the page you requested doesn't appear to exist.";
?>

However there is a page that I'm trying to design that needs a similar code in it. Obviously the new page displays with the above include code, but in that page I need its own include code as it's a miniature website within itself.

I'm hoping that I can make the address look something like http://www.website.com/?page=newpage&id=videos. So far all I've done is failed :D

Sorry if that makes no sense!

So I gather that someone clicks on a link, technically remains within the same page (we will call this page index.php), but a new page is included? 

That is strange and horrible for SEO.  Are you sure that you don't need to use absolute paths in the file_exists function?  What happens when you

run this?  Is it even making it into the IF block that contains the include function?  What steps have you taken to troubleshoot this...

ps. please format code pretty :)

<? 
if (isset($_GET['page'])) 
{
$page = $_GET['page'];
}
else 
{
$page = "home";
}

if(file_exists("$page.php"))
{
include("$page.php");
}
else 
{
echo "Sorry but the page you requested doesn't appear to exist.";
}
?>

So I gather that someone clicks on a link, technically remains within the same page (we will call this page index.php), but a new page is included? 

That is strange and horrible for SEO.  Are you sure that you don't need to use absolute paths in the file_exists function?  What happens when you

run this?  Is it even making it into the IF block that contains the include function?  What steps have you taken to troubleshoot this...

I'm not great at PHP - all I know is the code I gave works fine for one-page includes. All I need to know is how to include a page within an include page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.