Local safe_mode value ignored on some computers

huntman

Server version: Apache/2.0.46

PHP 4.3.10

I have safe_mode turned ON gloabally in php.ini and have a few sites where I have disabled safe_mode in their VirtualHost directive via

php_admin_flag safe_mode Off

Most visitors (lets say 95%) to these sites have no problems but some of them (5%) browse the site as though safe mode is still enabled and therefore get "SAFE MODE Restriction in effect..." messages.  To make things even more confusing, when sending them to a phpinfo() page, they actually see safe_mode being ON for BOTH local and master values.

I have never been able to replicate this problem from any computer on any network as when I go to the same phpinfo() info page, I see the correct values for safe_mode as Local=Off and Master=On.

How is this happening.  How is the server sending different values to only some computers?

I have been searching for an answer to this problem for months so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for replying, themightydude. 

I have tried having these users flush their dns, reset their Internet options, use a different browser, clear temporary files, etc.  The phpinfo() page I was referring to would have been a brand new page put on there after they were experiencing this issue so that would not have been cached in any way. 

The server seems to be acting differently depending on who's accessing the site?  Is there any software that might cause this?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.