log_errors = "E:\PHP\LOG\phplog.txt"

log_errors = On

ignore_repeated_errors = on

ignore_repeated_source = Off

report_memleaks = On

track_errors = Off

error_log = "E:/PHP/LOG/phplog.txt"

error_log = error_log;

I've changed the location of where the log directory is twice and still doesn't work. I know i have errors cause they display on my website but they dont get logged in the phplog.txt file. Any help would be great, i've been trying to figure this out for a while now. Thanks

The second one is for NT. I took out the comments above each one but it says above the error_log = error_log; : "Log errors to syslog (Event Log on NT, not valid in windows 95).

*To test i did disable the error_log = error_log and ran my mail script which threw an error and nothing logged.

These two lines are incorrect, remove them -

log_errors = "E:\PHP\LOG\phplog.txt"

error_log = error_log;

If you carefully re-read the information in the php.ini, the last one is supposed to be - error_log = syslog

Having multiple lines of the same setting would have unpredictable results (the last one is probably used.)

I'll assume that you are stopping and starting your web server to get any changes made to php.ini to take effect, that you have checked that the php.ini that you are changing is the one that php is using, and that you have looked what the actual settings are using a phpinfo(); statement...

problem solved. after figuring out what you were saying PFMaBiSmAd, i determined i was telling in my php.ini file to log my errors into two locations. After making it only log into one location errors finally appear in my log. Thanks everyone

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.