PHP MSSQL Help!

zduchene

I need the help of the form.  I am using PHP and connecting to MSSQL database :(.

I wrote a MSSQL query and tested it on the MSSQL Query Analyzer program where it worked great, did exactly what I wanted it to.  I integrated the query into a php script and I am getting:

PHP Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: message: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '.'. (severity 15) in C:\webapps\htdocs\ji\ji2.php on line 7 PHP Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: Query failed in C:\webapps\htdocs\ji\ji2.php on line 7

Here is the php script along with the query:

$q = 'SELECT "estimate"."job number", "DEBTOR"."NAMES", "ESTIMATE"."details1", "debtor"."salesrep", "salesrep"."name" AS "csr", "estimate"."due date", "estimate"."order no", "estimate"."qty1", "estimate"."qty2", "estimate"."qty3", "estimate"."qty4" 
FROM "LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."ESTIMATE", "LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."DEBTOR", "LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."SALESREP", "LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."INVOICE" 
WHERE "ESTIMATE"."JOB NUMBER" = 53373 AND "INVOICE"."JOB NO" = "ESTIMATE"."JOB NUMBER" AND "INVOICE"."CSR RECNUM" = "SALESREP"."DATAFLEX RECNUM ONE" AND "DEBTOR"."AC NO" = "ESTIMATE"."DEBTOR"';
$result = mssql_query($q);

Any help is appreciated!

new error:

PHP Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: message: Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '`'. (severity 15) in C:\webapps\htdocs\ji\ji2.php on line 7 PHP Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: message: Unclosed quotation mark before the character string ''. (severity 15) in C:\webapps\htdocs\ji\ji2.php on line 7 PHP Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: Query failed in C:\webapps\htdocs\ji\ji2.php on line 7

It will be read better if you write it like this:

SELECT

"estimate"."job number",

"DEBTOR"."NAMES",

"ESTIMATE"."details1",

"debtor"."salesrep",

"salesrep"."name" AS "csr",

"estimate"."due date",

"estimate"."order no",

"estimate"."qty1",

"estimate"."qty2",

"estimate"."qty3",

"estimate"."qty4"

FROM

"LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."ESTIMATE",

"LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."DEBTOR",

"LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."SALESREP",

"LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."INVOICE"

WHERE

"ESTIMATE"."JOB NUMBER" = 53373 AND

"INVOICE"."JOB NO" = "ESTIMATE"."JOB NUMBER" AND

"INVOICE"."CSR RECNUM" = "SALESREP"."DATAFLEX RECNUM ONE" AND

"DEBTOR"."AC NO" = "ESTIMATE"."DEBTOR"

$q = "SELECT estimate.job number, DEBTOR.NAMES, ESTIMATE.details1, debtor.salesrep, salesrep.name AS csr, estimate.due date, estimate.order no, estimate.qty1, estimate.qty2, estimate.qty3, estimate.qty4

FROM LIVEDATA_Dosrun.dbo.ESTIMATE, LIVEDATA_Dosrun.dbo.DEBTOR, LIVEDATA_Dosrun.dbo.SALESREP, LIVEDATA_Dosrun.dbo.INVOICE

WHERE ESTIMATE.JOB NUMBER = 53373 AND INVOICE.JOB NO = ESTIMATE.JOB NUMBER AND INVOICE.CSR RECNUM = SALESREP.DATAFLEX RECNUM ONE AND DEBTOR.AC NO = ESTIMATE.DEBTOR";

But I dont think those spaces in the Field Names will go through like that.

$q = "SELECT estimate.job number, DEBTOR.NAMES, ESTIMATE.details1, debtor.salesrep, salesrep.name AS csr, estimate.due date, estimate.order no, estimate.qty1, estimate.qty2, estimate.qty3, estimate.qty4

FROM LIVEDATA_Dosrun.dbo.ESTIMATE, LIVEDATA_Dosrun.dbo.DEBTOR, LIVEDATA_Dosrun.dbo.SALESREP, LIVEDATA_Dosrun.dbo.INVOICE

WHERE ESTIMATE.JOB NUMBER = 53373 AND INVOICE.JOB NO = ESTIMATE.JOB NUMBER AND INVOICE.CSR RECNUM = SALESREP.DATAFLEX RECNUM ONE AND DEBTOR.AC NO = ESTIMATE.DEBTOR";

But I dont think those spaces in the Field Names will go through like that.

I did try it without the " and it didn't work because of the spaces in the field names.  Does PHP ever allow for spaces in the field names?

It will be read better if you write it like this:

SELECT

"estimate"."job number",

"DEBTOR"."NAMES",

"ESTIMATE"."details1",

"debtor"."salesrep",

"salesrep"."name" AS "csr",

"estimate"."due date",

"estimate"."order no",

"estimate"."qty1",

"estimate"."qty2",

"estimate"."qty3",

"estimate"."qty4"

FROM

"LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."ESTIMATE",

"LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."DEBTOR",

"LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."SALESREP",

"LIVEDATA_Dosrun"."dbo"."INVOICE"

WHERE

"ESTIMATE"."JOB NUMBER" = 53373 AND

"INVOICE"."JOB NO" = "ESTIMATE"."JOB NUMBER" AND

"INVOICE"."CSR RECNUM" = "SALESREP"."DATAFLEX RECNUM ONE" AND

"DEBTOR"."AC NO" = "ESTIMATE"."DEBTOR"

That does read much nicer...thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.