[SOLVED] Running a Process in the "Background"

scooter41

Hi There,

I have a CMS system that my client uploads images too and resizes 3 different sizes for thumbnails and various items around the website. This is fine with small images, but he has a habit for uploading images "straight out his camera" resulting in large file sizes. Sometimes 6 images will be uploaded at once, meaning the browser hangs for quite a long period of time whilst the image resizing is going on....

There is HTML content that appears above the resizing, but this doesnt show until all the resizing is done, then it appears.

In an ideal world I guess it would be great if the page could appear with a statement saying "resizing images" or something like that, whilst the server processes in the background, but not sure the best way to do this?

Is there any quick easy way to make html appear during the script running?

Any advice greatley appreciated :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.