Need custom php form mailer

David4321

Hello, and thanks in advance for any assistance -

My objectives are:

A) To create a php form mailer script to use instead of the gdform.php which was provided by godaddy.

B) I want the new script to grab the contents of 1 form field (customer name) and add it to the email subject line. ie: I want the email subject to read "Order from: [customer name]" //from "Editbox2"

The website is on godaddy, and I've been using their gdform.php script for form mailing. It's fine for basic, but it is in 2 parts - the gdform.php which is in my folder, and the mailer which I cannot view or edit, on their server - so I cannot do the subject feature.

As it exists, the email subject is determined in my HTML.

I am a complete novice in php. I have moderate knowledge with HTML. I am quick and creative, but I lack background - so please don't make assumptions on what I know. The most helpful answer would be a fully formed script suggestion for me to play with. (maybe you've got one around, and could insert the subject line feature and paste the whole thing here)

If it's helpful in any way, here's a link to more info like:

• The original gdform.php script
  • Variants I've been playing with (unsuccessfully so far)
  • The HTML line which now posts the form and defines the email subject line

http://www.happyfoodscafe.net

Thanks so much again for any assistance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.