[SOLVED] String Chopping

neridaj

Hey,

I've been trying to figure out how to chop off the end of a string with strstr() but I get nothing back when I use it. I know there is a string in the element I'm using it on but when I use it I get nothing.

/*

$sql = "select publication_id, publication_title, publication_issue, publication_page, publication_name, publication_author, publication_date, publication_year from publications";

$str = explode(", ", $sql);

$i = count($str);

$dbvar = strstr($str[$i-1], " ", true);

echo $dbvar;

*/

I want everything gone (including the space) after publication_year.

Thanks for any help,

J

look at what  you trying to do

you are trying to chop apart a string (not a mysql query, mysql resource mysql anything)  you just made a variable called $sql that is a string.  You have to work the string with a mysql query and then return the results associated with said mysql resource to work on them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.