How do I design a random image gallery? (more difficult though)

ranman

I want to make a random image gallery to display a lot of funny pictures that I have... I'd like it to use mySQL or something to store captions and titles... and also manage sessions so that it wouldn't show a picture someone has already seen (randomly, but it could still be selected by title)... I'm very experienced in micro-controllers, asm, python, java, c, and c++ but I've never really done much with PHP... I know css and html but not very well... I've never done very many things for web programming... I'll be able to figure a lot of things out for myself but if someone could give me a hint in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

I was wondering about the design... should I store the images in a blob on the database? or on the server and just reference the locations in the table?

Should I even use sql?

How do I keep the image selection random but exclude certain database members?

Thanks alot for any help and I apologize in advance for my english and punctuation. English is like... my third language...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.