PHP Help Needed....How to do this?

sudip_dg77

Hello,

I am building a membership website. In that website there would be a login page through which after login the members would be able to access the members area. After getting into the members area, all the pages in the members area would display something like "you are logged in as 2334". This "2334" is the member id of the member who is accessing the membership pages. Also based on this membership id(2334) certain actions need to be performed like inclusion into certain news topic etc. on which the members would be receiving e-mails. But these action of inclusion into certain news group emails is a volentory action which the member could be included in, if he chooses to by clicking certain links inside the members area.

But I am not sure how I can capture the member id in each and every page inside the members area after login so that the above actions can be performed without asking the member to provide his/her membership id each and every time he wishes to enroll in a particular news group. So what I am basically looking for is like I will provide some links/options(like click here to be inluded into the Sports newsgroup) inside the member pages by clicking on which the member id will be included into a list(a database table).

I am kind of new to php and not sure what how I can do this, that I do not have to ask the members for their user id each and everytime they try to enroll into a new newsgroup. Can you please help?? Also any reference to any code examples would be just great.

Thank you...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.