How to count how many times viewed after login

oavs

Hi

I have a form which directs the user to a login page with pre determined user/password section of the page. As they send the form I and the user gets an email with the details entered.

They get an email with following and would like to include a field saying "You have seen your logo: < #number of times >" in numerical numbers without using Mysql. database.  Basically I want to be able count each user individually for a say 14-30 days.

Can it be done?

I have included my code which sends the emails below, Is there anyway I can track by, phonenumber,or an email ?

Thank you in advance.

-------sample email response received ----------------

Hello rachelle,

Please use following login details to see your artwork.

First click on to the URL link below to go to the website then select LOGIN - Client Project Login from the navigation menu.

URL: http://www.abc.com.au

Username: admin

Password: enter

You have entered following details.

Name: rachelle weale,

Company: funk/hiphop dance classes

Phone: 0315245884

Email: fred@hotmail.com

You have seen your logo: < number of times >

---------------------------------------------

---------- CODE ---------------------

<?

$to = "abc@abc.com.au";

$headers = "From: ABC - Visual Concepts <support@abc.com.au>"  . "\r\n" .

"Subject: Your Login Details for your Art Work" .

"Reply-To: support@abc.com.au" . "\r\n" .

"cc:$Email" . "\r\n" .

"X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion();

//$subject = "Your Login Details for your Art Work"

$from_header = "Hello $Name,\n\n Please use following login details to see your artwork. \n First click on to the URL link below to go to the website then select LOGIN - Client Project Login from the navigation menu. \n URL: http://www.abc.com.au \n Username: admin\n Password: enter \n\n\n You have entered following details.\n\n Name: $Name $Surname,\n Company: $Company\n Phone: $Phone \n Email: $Email \n I Accept Terms and Conditions of viewing my logo commissioned to OAVS - Visual Concepts";

if($Name != "")

if($Surname != "")

if($Company != "")

if($Phone != "")

if($Email != "")

{

//send mail - $subject & $contents come from surfer input

// mail($to, $Company, $from_header, "Bcc: $Email" . $headers);

mail($to, $subject, $from_header, $headers);

// redirect back to url visitor came from

//header("Location: $HTTP_REFERER");

header("Location: select.php");

}

else

{

print("<HTML><BODY>Error, no comments were submitted!");

print("</BODY></HTML>");

}

?>

You could keep track of how many times the logo was viewed in a flat text file if you don't want to use a database.  Although, if this is sensitive material, you should be aware that the text file won't be secure.

Wrong!

Flat files are exactly what a mysql database is data in some organized fashion.  The fact that the physical mysql "file" is protected in a much more elaborate fashion than most text files make it seem to have a more sophisticated version of security, however flat file storage can be just as secure if not more secure than mysql storage when properly done.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.