Gulp, maybe i should have been nicer

willpower

Ok...so now i face the dogs

I know i have been tough on you all...but i guess what comes around goes around...so here comes mine.

This is NOT a working site...i would really just like some feedback on the look and feel please.  I have been staring at it for so long that I cannot tell whats what anymore.  I'd like feedback on the following areas.

Color

Images

Layout

Font

Style

Identidy

etc

http://www.e-rizon.com/test.php

I'm not a huge fan of light-on-dark websites, but this one is pretty nice. A few comments:

* I like the font choice on the logo. Attractive serifed fonts are not used enough in the current "Web 2.0" world.

* The coloured navigation links lack the subtlety that is present elsewhere in the logo and header - take care also to make sure that they all have the same baseline for text.

* Make sure you have an alternate thumbnails panel for people who can't see the Cover Flow style Flash object. It's not just the less technically savvy user who can't use Flash, and search engines will fail to crawl your Flash-only links. Use a replacement technique like UFO -

http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/ufo

* You seem to have a pretty substantial portfolio - ask your clients for testimonials!

Thanks mate.  What colours would you prefer to see, I wanted to inject colour and color code each section. 

Base Line text...yeah def need to work on that as I am having a nightmare with photoshop saying that they are aligned (smart guides) when clearly it isnt

Flash repllacement...agree...just not developed that far yet...but will of course include it.

Testimonials on their way.

Thanks again.

I'd drop the lozenges, and just have typographic links. I'd keep the colours warm.

If you need to conserve space, you could probably afford to drop the "client login" link from your nav, perhaps down to a footer.

Do your portfolio and contact mechanisms need to be discrete sections? I like the idea of a really simple navigation based on:

* WHAT we do

* HOW we do it

* WHO we do it for

You could include examples of your work and include the "contact us" call to action on every page.

Theres one thing that kinda bugs me. Its the flash "scroller" thing there, it kinda breaks the two column -style you have there, when it just barely goes over the next column. I would propably either align it somehow to the center, or make it small enough to fit the left column.

If it leaves the right column too "empty", you could add an explanation about the projects there, so it isn't so empty.

And about the colors, they kinda pushed me "away". the "pastel(?)" colors could be nice, but there are too many different colors I think. I would try to narrow the colors into a like 3 different "highlighting" colors that you use to bring things up and for everyones view. How about you try just the Red Green and Blue?

BTW, compliments on the logo btw, the e-rizon text. I think that looks very good with serifed fonts, especially when I HATE to read serifed fonts in websites, but yours was good. Dont know why, though.

Its looking simple and good, and there are as many opinions as there are viewers so if you go "WOOT THIS DUDE SUXORSSSZZZ!!" for my opinions, do it your way ;)

Cheers!

-NikkiLoveGod

Listen I am grateful for the comments...I really am.  Nice to see that it hasnt been savaged as many are.

In truth many of the concepts have all put forward are on my lists of to-do's however I wanted second opinions before moving further.  In particular the 2 column v projects scroller is a concern of mine. But as I knicked...sorry...borrowed the code I'm having a real issue squeezing it to fit.

Thanks again and keep it coming.

Will.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.